Friday, January 1, 2021

Murder, He Wrote

By Sandi Beach


“I'm sorry but we're going to have to let you go.”

    “What? Why?”

“This is never easy to say, but you're not what we're looking for anymore” 

Thomas was flabbergasted and blindsided. He has never liked his desk job, but it was the only thing he had. His true passion was adventure. 

“Let me see you to the door.” His boss said.

They walked to the door. Everything seemed like time had stopped itself. Thomas talked with his boss for the very last time.

“Please, just give me one more chance!” Thomas pleaded. 

“I am sorry but I am afraid I can’t do that.” Thomas’s boss said, without any sympathy. 

Thomas  walked out the door. He seems like he was in a dramatic music video because everything seemed slow and sorrowful. He was only eighteen, he had never been fired before.  He walked across the street, very slowly, there was no one around and his eyes started to tear up.

“Why didn't you get the money?”

“I'm sorry, but I can't do business for you anymore.”“

“I knew you were such a filthy traitor. Ever since you poisoned that aunt's cheese, planted that deadly nightshade, tried to release a dragon, cut Mrs.Washington’s brakes, sent Sylvia’s father to a terrible place, abandoned that cradle, and used comic sans on your report, I knew you were a rat, Jonny.” 

The Stranger pulled out his gun. 

“Wait, I didn't mean what I said. I'm sorry!

    “It's too late. He said. 

The gun cocked and went off. The other stranger flopped to the floor and was dead.

He thought that he had gone away with it, but as soon as he looked to the other alley, he saw a man staring at him.


Thomas started to run.


No comments: